Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Best Torture?

I'm watching something on TV that reminds me of this girl in my Islamic education class in Year 5. Yeah, like 13 years ago.

We were learning about reproduction, and it was actually the first time we learned the actual names of reproductive parts. Well of course a lot of the terms are derived from Arabic as if they sound more elegant in the holy language.

The teacher was very matter-of-fact because she was trying to be clear and informative. You know, it's never easy teaching kids about sexual intercourse but I think she nailed it (pun totally intended).

So there's this one girl who kept making sad faces while the teacher was very graphically explaining how to do the nasty and get babies. I asked her what was wrong, and she said, "I can't believe what my parents had to go through to make me. It makes me love them even more. To think that I have 4 big brothers and sisters, meaning that including me, they had to do all those things 5 times! I'm glad my mom told me I'll be her last child. That means she'll never have to go through all that sex stuff ever again."

Come to think of it now, that was very cute of her. She actually thought that sex was some kind of torture you have to endure in order to beget a child.

If that were the case, I'm pretty sure teenage pregnancy wouldn't be as rampant and rapists would be non-existent.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments: